Open Positions (FIAS)
In 2020, FIAS will fund several PhD students and postdoctoral positions as well as research visits in the field of "AI for Science and Technology" and the field of "AI for Life-Science" through the XF International Joint Research Center.
The following projects are still available for candidates:
(1) AI for statistical physics; FIAS PI: Dr. Kai Zhou
In addition the joint research center is open for any innovative projects in the above mentioned fields. If you are a student or
researcher and want to collaborate with the scientists of the XF-IJRC or want to conduct your project within the JRC, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Requirements for doctoral students in the JRC:
(1) Completed PhD in physics.
(2) Good programming skills are essential, preferably in Python and C++.
(3) Computing skills in e.g. Scikit-learn, Keras, Theano, Tensorflow or other data analysis and processing packages
as well as in parallel computing on GPUs will be favorably considered, as well as familiarity with deep learning developments.
(4) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and abilities to work in an international team
Applications, including a CV, a list of publications, a summary of research activities, a brief statement of research interests,
and letters of reference should be sent to: